Fridge Repair Ottawa
No one really wants to be in the position of having to get their fridge repaired. Yet if you do find yourself in such a situation, Capital Appliance Repair can make sure your fridge receives the attention it needs. One of the most frustrating things about a fridge going on the fritz is the fact that the problem could be any number of things. After all, we are talking about one of the more complex major appliances, in terms of working parts and features. If you don’t know the first thing about those features, and your fridge isn’t cooling or freezing properly, our fridge experts can offer the most straightforward solution.
Working quickly, we will assess your fridge, get to work, and restore the appliance to its former glory. While all refrigerators eventually do need to be replaced, repairs are more often than not possible.
Top Signs You Need Refrigerator Repair
If your fridge is starting to give you problems, the smart thing to do is to move as quickly as possible. With something like a refrigerator, it is very easy for a minor problem to become much more serious.
To that end, if you come across any of the following red flags, make an appointment with Capital Appliance Repair immediately!
- If you open a refrigerator system, and you find little droplets of water along the interior of the system, call in someone to take a look. If you have condensation within the system, then it means the unit isn’t cooling itself down properly. The rubber sealing, which can be seen around the fridge’s door, should also be examined. Is the seal wet? Do you see mildew? If you answered yes to one or both of those questions, the seal is the likely culprit.
- The motor of your fridge works constantly, so you can expect it to be a little warm. This can shift when the motor begins to feel excessively, consistently hot. Your fridge is overworking itself at this point, and you aren’t too far from the motor breaking down.
- Food that spoils before its expiration date is a major red flag that something’s wrong.
- While the freezer should naturally be working to freeze things, there is also such a thing as too much. Freezer burns on your food are a thing to be wary of, in addition to an abundance of ice.
- Your fridge probably makes a little noise. A little noise is fine, but a loud buzzing sound is not. The compressor could be worn down, but it’s also possible that your cooling fan needs to be cleaned.
- Are your energy bills climbing? There are obviously a lot of different factors with something like that. Nonetheless, your fridge could be contributing in a meaningful way to your electricity costs. This red flag should be paired up with one or more of the points above.
Quick Fridge Maintenance Tips
The suggestions listed above should be taken seriously in terms of whether or not to call our Ottawa fridge repair experts. At the same time, a number of fridge issues can be offset with simple maintenance.
Here are a few fridge maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Clean your condenser coils twice yearly: These are generally found behind your fridge. Pull the fridge out, bring a duster and a vacuum, and remove any excess dust and debris.
- Clean/replace your gasket: This is the rubber seal we were talking about earlier. Cleaning this area can prevent mold from appearing, and the gasket itself can be replaced pretty easily by virtually anyone.
- Manual defrost: You should perform a manual defrost on your freezer at least once a year. A lot of people would even tell you to do it twice in the same year.
- Cleaning the interior: If you want to keep bad smells out of your fridge, this is going to be a pretty essential task. You don’t have to do it every week, or even every month. Just every few months, take everything out of your fridge. Throw out anything that has expired. Scrub down the interior, and consider washing the tiers, or any other detachable elements to the interior.
- Deodorize: This is a great measure to combine with the one we just listed above. Go a little beyond something basic like baking soda. Invest in a deodorizer that is specifically designed for a refrigerator.
Generally speaking, DIY fridge repair work is ill-advised. Unless you have a sizable amount of experience with fridges, there is a strong likelihood of making a mistake. This can make a bad situation even worse, and it can also dramatically pump up the amount of time and money that will now have to go into repairs.
Keeping that in mind, Capital Appliance Repair is ready to help. If you find your fridge is underperforming, contact us immediately. We can be there quickly to resolve the matter.